Hearty Meatball soup.
This Hearty Meatball Soup is a great way to pack in the nutrients for you and your family. The bonus is -it taste good too. If I start to feel sluggish or that I might be getting sick, I reach for a big bowl of this soup. I feel much better very quickly. I have found that eating this nutritious soup on a regular basis seem to boost my energy so I don’t feel sluggish.
This is one soup I usually make a big batch of by doubling the ingredients and put in serving size containers in the freezer so I am always sure to have some on hand.
Tip for the parents: If you have fussy children (like I do) when the soup is made, BUT before you add the meatballs, blend the soup. Return it to the pot then add the meatballs. That way they don’t even know what vegetables are in it.
For your greatest convenience we have provided links for your ingredients for this recipe. They can be delivered right to your door at a remarkable price.
- Heat olive oil in large pot.
- Saute garlic and onion and for 1 minute.
- add the carrots , celery and cabbage saute for 2 minutes
- Pour in the bone broth and the tomatoes and bring to a boil
- turn the heat down and add the chard and the kale and let simmer for 30 minutes
- add the cooked meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes
To spice up this soup with a little heat, I add some cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce ,when I am plating.