Meatballs, meatballs, meatballs… tasty and versatile
Meatballs are a great way to get your protein and are great for meal prep days.
I am going to share with you my favorite recipes and some ideas of serving them.
Not only have I given you the different meat varieties, but I have also added links for vegan, vegetarian and pescetarian meatballs to add even more options.
I double up on the recipe and make sure I have some available for the kids to snack on. Or even triple the amount and freeze some .
The kids loved having some high protein snacks available on the go .
Where to get the best meat:
We have found that one of the very best places to get meat is here at Greensbury. All of their meat is organic, grass fed, cage free and responsibly sourced. Moreover, they offer great prices and it’s delivered right to your door!
All viewers of Full Of Life Recipe receive an exclusive 10% discount of their first order! Simply use the “fullofife10” discount code at the checkout. Go here for your top quality meats.
Mix and match
I enjoy having the freedom to mix and match the different meats. You can use grass fed ground beef, organic ground turkey,organic ground chicken, grass fed ground lamb or organic ground pork.
I have combined turkey and chicken (1/2-1/2), or chicken and beef (1/3-2/3) or even turkey and beef (1/3-2/3), or beef and lamb (1/2-1/2), turkey and lamb (1/3-2/3) even chicken and lamb (1/3-2/3), pork and beef (1/2-1/2) or pork and lamb(1/2-1/2). Each combo delivering a unique flavor.
- 1. If you are making a large batch to use later I make some meatballs smaller. (1/2 -1 inch in diameter)
- 2. If you can’t cook they all at once, put the rest in the fridge until you are ready to cook the next batch.
For your greatest convenience we have provided links for your ingredients for this recipe. They can be delivered right to your door at a remarkable price.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs and milk in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In large skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat, add chopped onions and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl with bread crumb milk mixture, add egg, ground meat, ½ tsp ground pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and onions.
- Mix until well combined.
- Form into balls by hand or you can use a small cookie dough scoop. Mine are about 1½ – 2″ in diameter.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes.
- You can cut one in half to check.
We have the recipes for vegan, vegetarian and pescetarian (fish) meatballs to add some variety.
vegan meatballs recipe here
vegetarian meatballs recipe here
Pescetarian meatballs recipe here
Now what to do with all these yummy meatballs:
Do you have any great ideas for using meatballs? We would love for you to share them with us.
Here again is the link to the best meat– Greensbury use this code fulloflife10 at the checkout to get 10% off of your first order!