4 Summertime Watermelon Recipes To Refresh and Hydrate You on Hot Days
Read on to find out about the unique ways you can prepare and serve watermelon. Most noteworthy is its awesome range of health benefits. In addition, their delicious bonuses include their ability to hydrate and refresh on hot days.
Top Nutritional Benefits of Watermelon
- Watermelon has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids
- Its nutritional properties have been linked with heart health, bone health, and consequently cancer prevention
- Possesses anti-inflammatory properties therefore helps with conditions such as arthritis
- Their juice is full of good electrolytes, therefore good for staying hydrated
- Good for your skin due to Vitamin A, which also helps produce collagen
Watermelon Salad With Mint and Crispy Prosciutto
Author: Sara Quessenberry
At last, for prep instructions, visit this link from realsimple.com.
Watermelon (Fruit) Pizza
- ½ cup organic low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- ¼ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 large round slices watermelon (about 1 inch thick), cut from the center of the melon
- ⅔ cup sliced organic strawberries
- ½ cup halved organic blackberries
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh organic mint leaves
In addition, this recipe is all about the adorable presentation. To get instructions and see images, click here.
Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
Author: Kari of Get Inspired Everyday
- 9 cups organic watermelon pieces, seedless
- 12 ounces of organic frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- optional organic sweetener like organic agave or organic honey if your fruit isn’t perfectly ripe
For more on this recipe, click here.
Watermelon Fruit Leathers
For your greatest convenience we have provided links for your ingredients for this recipe. They can be delivered right to your door at a remarkable price.
Tips For How To Choose Your Watermelon
In conclusion, you will notice several varieties of watermelon in the market. We recommend as always that you choose non-GMO and organic. Furthermore, pick a dull looking watermelon over the shiny ones since they are usually under ripe. In addition, you will see a light colored spot where the melon was resting on the ground. If that is bright white or if you don’t see it, it wasn’t ripe when it was picked and it won’t be sweet.