Eggs Benedict with Avocado Sauce on Bacon Mats
If you’re thinking of a special dish to serve to your family for Sunday brunch, we have a new way to dress up your eggs Paleo diet style.
Every Sunday deserves a special dish! If you’re running out of ideas to serve your eggs, you can turn them into a plate of Paleo Eggs Benedict. Instead of the muffin, we used a “mat” of bacon, and topped the poached egg with a dollop or two of our rich and creamy avocado sauce.
You can pair this with light sides like a tropical fruit salad or a bunch of steamed greens like Arugula or Kale. You can also pair it with classic potatoes, if you’re in the mood for something heavy and hearty.
To make the bacon “mats”, weave a few strips of bacon large enough to hold an egg, but just the right size to be easily picked up by a spatula. You can poach the eggs while the bacon is cooking, and whip up the creamy avocado sauce while the eggs are cooking. It saves you lots of time so you could still enjoy the rest of the day.
Yes, this is rich—even richer than Bill Gates lol—so you probably would not want to eat this every day, but since it is Sunday, let yourself indulge. 😉
• 5 strips of bacon, cut in half;
• 4 free-range eggs;
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
• 1 medium organic avocado, peeled;
• 1/4 cup organic lemon juice;
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
• 1/3 cup organic olive oil or water;
• salt to taste;
1. First, preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. And then, on a baking sheet, arrange the bacon into four separate bases for the eggs. Cook the bacon bases in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.
3. Next, blitz the avocado, lemon juice and garlic powder in a blender until smooth. Add the olive oil or water until you get a thick but pourable consistency. Season with sea salt according to your taste.
4. Afterwards, boil a pot of water, drop an egg in, and let it cook until the whites are set. Remove and repeat for the remaining eggs.
5. Lastly, divide the bacon among the plates, top with the poached eggs and pour avocado sauce on top of each.
Enjoy your Sunday brunch!