Do you miss eating bread while on Keto? We’ve got the perfect substitute for your carbo cravings!
Some people think that if you are on a Paleo or Keto diet, you would have to deprive yourself of bread. Bread has been a part of a lot of people’s diet, and it’s not so easy to give it up. However, all those bingeing on bacon and meats and cheeses would be in vain, if you would give in to your carbo cravings, right?
Lucky for you, your heart doesn’t have to break each time the bread basket is passed around during family dinners; your low carbohydrates replacement has finally arrived.
This recipe is easy and you can make it in advance for when you need your own diet-customized white bread.
The Keto breads we have made were also just as versatile as their regular white bread counterparts: our bread could be used for French toast, sandwiches, use it for grilled cheese, or top them on your salads as croutons. Or you can even partner it with bacon and make a filling sandwich.
Here is our Keto bread rcipe that only needed 5 ingredients you can easily get from the grocery store:
• 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
• 6 Large eggs 4 tbsp Butter melted
• 3 tsp Baking powder
• 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
• A pinch of salt
1. First, preheat oven to 375.
2. Next, separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add the Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks are formed.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well-combined. This will be lumpy thick dough until the whites are added.
4. Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently mix until fully incorporated. Be careful not to over mix as this is what gives the bread its volume and fluffiness.
5. Pour mixture into a buttered 8×4 loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if it is cooked through. The toothpick should come out clean.