Craving for lasagna without the pasta! Say no more!
Cooking for one? No problem! We have got you covered! If you’re having a lazy night alone while watching Netflix, you don’t have to order from your favorite Keto-friendly place; we have a cheesy lasagna in a mug just for you that fits really well with your Ketogenic diet.
For those who don’t know much about this emerging trend, Keto is quite similar to Paleo diet: both are low-carb and high in proteins and, of course, nutrients. Paleo diet strictly uses only the ingredients that our Paleolithic fathers used to have; while Keto diet lets you whip up dishes with ingredients that we have now. Like, well, cheese.
Good news to all you cheese fans out there because we will be using lots of cheese in this lasagna recipe. And it only takes 4 basic ingredients! Let’s start, shall we?
⅓ medium organic zucchini
3 tablespoons Keto-friendly Marinara sauce or Bolognese sauce
2 tablespoons organic whole milk ricotta cheese
3 ounces organic whole milk mozzarella cheese
A dash of oregano (optional)
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. First, slice the zucchini into super thin rounds. You can use your sharpest knife, or a mandolin chopper for convenience.
2. Next, add a dollop of the marinara or Bolognese sauce on the bottom of your large mug or a deep dish.
3. Then, layer on some zucchinis as thin or as thick as you prefer.
4. After that, spread out a table spoon of ricotta cheese.
5. Add another dollop of the sauce.
6. Next, layer on the second layer of zucchini, then another tablespoon of ricotta, any leftover zucchini rounds, and then the last tablespoon of marinara or Bolognese sauce.
7. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
8. Lastly, pop your lasagna the microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese melts. You can sprinkle on a little oregano and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese if you like. You can also add an egg on top.