Vegan Cinnamon Rolls that taste just as amazing as the original? Yes, please!
Hmmmmm cinnamon: One of the best smells in the world! Whenever I get a whiff of cinnamon rolls, I am suddenly nostalgic of the mornings when my grandmother would bake a huge batch for us because we just love them so much.
The light, buttery, sweet, and cinnamon-y rolls with a creamy glaze are always a welcome treat in our vegan home. They are similarly as tasty as the regular rolls, but more on nutrients and less on fats.
Luckily, Tasty has uploaded a video that has the same recipe and procedures for Vegan Cinnamon Rolls as mine.
This is how we do it:
2 cups organic almond milk, at room temperature
½ cup vegan butter, melted
¼ cup organic raw sugar
1 packet active dry yeast
5 ½ cups organic flour, divided
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup vegan butter
¾ cup organic brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons organic almond milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. First, rub two foil pie pans with vegan butter.
2. Then, in a large bowl, blend together the organic almond milk, melted vegan butter, and organic raw sugar. The mixture should be just warm, otherwise it will kill the yeast.
3. Afterwards, sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let set for 1 minute.
4. Then add 5 cups flour and 1 teaspoon of salt to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until well-combined. Cover the bowl with a towel and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
6. Next, remove the towel and add an additional ½ cup of flour and salt. Stir well, and then turn out onto a well-floured surface. Knead the dough, adding additional flour as necessary.
7. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch (1 cm) thick. Fix corners to make sure they are sharp and even.
8. Then, spread the softened vegan butter over the dough and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and lots of cinnamon.
9. Afterwards, roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down.
10. Next, cut the log in half, then divide each half into 7 evenly sized pieces. Place the cinnamon rolls in the aluminum pan.
11. To prepare the frosting: in a mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla until smooth.
12. Remove plastic wrap. Next, bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 350˚F (180˚C) for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
13. Lastly, while still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting.